Near Nightmare, Theory of a King, Egocentric Plastic Men, Grunge Puppy
Jan 11, 2019 Doors @ 6:00
Near Nightmare, a hard rock band from Collegeville, PA, was founded in January 2014 by high school friends Travis McArthur, Luke Conover, and Tyler Cushman. A few months later, the band acquired Ryan Brown as their drummer. Ryan was diagnosed with neuroblastoma at the age of three, which resulted in a severe hearing loss. This partial deafness forced him to find other ways to adapt to music, such as feeling for vibrations. After the band worked on instrumentals for two years, vocalist Andrew Colors joined the lineup and completed the five-piece group.
The band’s influences come from many corners of the rock and metal spectrum, such as Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Attila, and Of Mice & Men. A large part of their passion and drive comes from Travis’ survival of childhood abuse and overcoming every obstacle that life throws at them. These values are evidenced in their lyrical content like “A terrible tragedy, hiding a mystery” from their song titled, A Twisted Tale. They are working toward making a career out of touring and recording as a band.
Theory of a King
Egocentric Plastic Men
Formed in October 2010, Egocentric Plastic Men is a Pop-Punk/Alternative rock band from suburban Philadelphia, PA. EPM is currently working on their sophomore album Weeks! Months! Years! due out in February 2017.
$10 online or $12 at the door ($1.00 online handling fee applies)
Important Ticket Information
1. No paper tickets are mailed. Your name will be added to the Will Call list.
2. Chaplin’s is BYOB. There is a $4 per drinker corkage fee, for those who would like to bring beer or wine.
3. Doors open one hour before showtime. Unless otherwise specified.
4. No outside food or drink permitted (except alcohol).
5. Chaplin’s does not allow audio or video recording during live performances.